JOB DESCRIPTION: Adult Day Care Lead Caregiver
REPORTS TO: Director
NATURE OF WORK:
The ADS Lead Caregiver will implement the Life Circle Adult Day Services Program to help ensure that elderly program participants are provided service in a safe and secure environment, and that participants are afforded the respect and quality service they deserve.
The nature of this work will be accomplished by:
● Well-developed plans of care
● Activity programing that meets the interests and needs of participants
● Nutrition that supports healthy aging
● Encouragement of healthy emotional expressions with other participants, staff and volunteers
● Cognitive stimulation that develops interest in living as fully as possible
● Physical strengthening through daily exercise
SALARY: $30,000 to $40,000 annually, depending on training and experience
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and email that describes why you would be a good fit for this position to Director@Lifecirclenm.org.
1. Be a minimum age of 18 years of age
2. Able to speak, read and write English fluently to complete required reports and interpret the client's Plan of Care instructions; Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
3. High School Diploma or GED; Associates degree preferred.
4. At least one year of experience working with the elderly; Experience with dementia preferred
5. At least one year of supervisory experience
6. Willing to have an FBI background check and drug screen
7. Vaccinated against COVID-19
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lead Caregiver will facilitate and participate in all day-to-day functions with clients (socialization, nutrition, recreational activities and others as required)
2. Assist in hiring, training and supervising other caretakers and volunteers
3. Ensure that caregiving staff and volunteers adhere to Life Circle policies and procedures and state licensing requirements
4. Help facilitate staff daily entries into participants’ files to assure that all events and any incidents are accurately recorded
5. Work with staff to provide written quarterly participant progress reports
6. Participate in in- person six-month reassessments and reviews with families
7. Ensure that all ADS areas are maintained in a clean and orderly fashion in accordance with facility maintenance requirements.